- Central WI Genealogy Index Includes citations for Portage County obituaries, naturalizations and federal censuses (1850-1880 and 1900) ; and Waupaca naturalizations
- Stevens Point Pamphlet File Index More than 1000 files containing newspapers clippings and other ephemera relating to various topics in Stevens Point history
- Portage County Pamphlet File Index More than 1000 files containing newspapers clippings and other ephemera relating to various topics in Portage County history
- Portage County Cemetery Locator
- Obituaries from early Portage County newspapers [The Wisconsin Pinery (1853-1890) and the Plover Times (1866 - 1881)] From rootsweb and the Stevens Point Area Genealogical Society
- Index to the Stevens Point Journal
- Portage County Historical Society Photo Collection
- Our county, our story; Portage County, Wisconsin (pdf, 9mb);
- History and memories : Portage County, Belmont Township (volume 1, pdf 3mb; volume 2, pdf 6mb);
- 1895 Plat Book of Portage County, Wisconsin;
- 1915 Standard Atlas of Portage County, Wisconsin;
- Hand-Book of Stevens Point and the Upper Wisconsin (pdf, 2.38mb);
- Portage County Historical Society includes the Malcolm Rosholt Online Archives
- UWSP Library's Area Research Center Contains public records, corporate records, personal papers and genealogical sources pertaining to Portage County and eight other counties in central and north central Wisconsin.
- Stevens Point Area Genealogical Society
- Recollection Wisconsin, this website provides Wisconsin residents and audiences worldwide with free access to a growing set of historical resources from the collections of libraries, archives, museums and historical societies across the state. But this site is a place for more than just viewing digital resources. You’re also invited to contribute your own memories, images, knowledge and thoughts.
- Portage County Groundwater Home Page, this site was created by the Groundwater Citizens Advisory Committee. People of all ages and backgrounds who want to learn about the water they drink and use every day, ways to help, and other resources should explore these pages.