Like many businesses, the Portage County Public Library is run on people and software. As a member of the South Central Library System we run on the same software as 54 other libraries so you can seamlessly find what you want, request items from any of those libraries, and even visit any of those other connected libraries and use your PCPL card.
Our software is getting old and we have to change it. Beginning Saturday, December 7th the current software will be unplugged and the installation of the new product will begin. The expected date for the new software to be available is sometime on Tuesday, December 10th. The good news is that the new system will look and operate much like the current one. You won’t have to learn a whole new way of doing things.
During the four-day period of downtime you will be able to visit and use our services as you currently do, with the following limitations:
- Check out items that are on our shelves at all locations. Library cards will be required.
- ONLY during this time borrowing items from the hold shelf will require a library card and an ID. Additionally, only the person who put the item on hold may check out the item.
- Use public internet computers and WiFi.
- Continue to use Overdrive/Libby.
- Use most of our databases.
- Use hoopla for the duration.
- Reserve and use meeting and study rooms.
- Sit and read.
- Visit the library for our usual programming.
- Register for a library card.
- Look up items in the online catalog.
- Place holds on items.
- Pay fines.
- Use the self-check machine in the children's area.
Questions? Please contact us here with any/all questions.