In placing a reservation for the use of a meeting room at the Portage County Public Library in Downtown Stevens Point, the organization acknowledges that they have read and understood the following:
- The meeting rooms located at the Portage County Public Library (PCPL) in Stevens Point are community assets, and the Library Board wishes to encourage their use by community groups for lawful purposes when not in use for Library or county functions. PCPL permits groups engaged in educational and cultural activities to hold such activities in Library meeting rooms. Examples of permissible groups include cultural, literary and artistic groups; school, service and social welfare groups; clubs and groups concerned with civic or self-improvement; political and religious groups; and governmental agencies.
- Granting of permission to use Library facilities does not constitute an endorsement by the Library Board or staff of the users or their beliefs.
All meetings conducted in the Library are subject to these rules and regulations:
- All meetings held on Library premises must be open to the public, and the Library reserves the right to set the time and place of any meeting on its premises. Meetings that interfere with normal Library functions will not be permitted.
- Selling or promoting products or services, charging admission, soliciting donations, or selling raffle tickets is prohibited. As an exception to this policy, the American Red Cross and similar registered 501(C)3 charitable organizations will be allowed to charge for items in conjunction with their programs.
- All reservations will be confirmed through the administrative assistant’s office (or designated staff). For questions about a meeting room at the Portage County Public Library, Stevens Point, telephone 715-346-1545 or send a message via http://www.pocolibrary.org/contact.
- The meeting rooms may be occupied only during regular Library hours, unless special arrangement is made with the Library Director.
- Rooms will be booked only to adults. Youth groups may use the rooms if a responsible adult has been designated and is present at all times.
- No animals are allowed in the meeting rooms, except those authorized for use in Library sponsored programs and service animals that are individually trained to perform tasks for people with disabilities. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), service animals are working animals, not pets.
- The Library staff shall be responsible for the general supervision of the entire building within scheduled hours.
- Any person or qualifying organization reserving any room at the Library is responsible for setting it up as they wish and are responsible for returning the room to its original condition.
- All groups using the meeting rooms shall be responsible for leaving the room in a clean, orderly, sanitary condition. They shall assume responsibility for any damage to the room or its contents. If expenses are incurred by the Library for cleaning and /or repair the group will be charged. Any group or groups guilty of infractions will lose the privilege of future use.
- Light refreshments, coffee, tea, or other beverage may be served. Groups may cater light meals. The Library will supply a coffee pot. Groups must provide their own coffee, creamer and other supplies. By law, alcoholic beverages or fermented malt beverages may not be consumed on the premises.
- ANY public performances of a videotape/DVD in a public meeting room, whether or not a fee is charged, is an infringement of copyright laws unless a public performance rights from the copyright owner or authorized agent is secured.
Library programs always have priority over non-Library programs. For literacy or Library-sponsored programs, the Library may authorize a fee on a cost-recovery basis for materials, supplies, etc., may authorize the sale of books associated with author visits and Library fund raisers, and may limit attendance.
Abuse of Privileges:
Abuse of the meeting room, such as disorderly conduct, leaving the room in a disorderly condition, violating regulations, or failing to use a scheduled room, may bar the group from using the room again. The Library will charge for any damage done. The Director of the Library is authorized to deny permission to use Library rooms to any group that is disorderly or violates regulations.
When you book, you will receive two emails -- one will indicate that you have made a reservation, the second one will confirm it -- Room is not reserved until you receive the second email confirmation!
When you click on the “I accept” button you will be taken to the online meeting room reservation system.
For questions about a meeting room at the Portage County Public Library, Stevens Point. Telephone 715-346-1545 or send an email.
To Reserve A Meeting Room At A Library Branch:
Meeting rooms at the Almond, Plover, and Rosholt locations are administered by their respective villages. Contact the villages at 715-366-8171 (Almond), 715-345-5250 (Plover), 715-677-4510 (Rosholt).
updated September 19, 2016