The Foundation Helps The Library By
- Providing enhancements to the basic library services, buildings, special collections and activities that go beyond what is possible through public funding alone
- Filling empty bookshelves -- purchasing additional books for the collection
- Providing access to technology-- purchasing equipment to help library users access information about jobs and other needs
- Offering programs for the community -- supporting positive, high quality programs
- Enhancing library service to children, teens, and adults
- Building community and securing the promise of your public library for future generations
- Selectively supporting continuing education opportunities which contribute to staff development and strengthen job performance
- Planned Giving Statement (pdf)
- Donor Bill of Rights (pdf)
The goal of the Foundation is to enrich the Portage County Public Library's basic services, to promote the growth and creation of a first-rate library. The private dollars raised are used to improve and enhance the basic library services that are the responsibility of local government.
Public monies fund a fine public library for citizens of Portage County, but it is private gifts that make it flourish. The Portage County Public Library Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Your donation is tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
To Contribute Contact:
Larry Oathout, Secretary
Portage County Public Library Foundation, Inc.
1001 Main Street, Stevens Point, WI 54481
(715) 346-1239 (FAX)
Online contributions can be made through the Portage County Public Library Foundation fund at the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin. Learn more at this link.
For Questions Contact: