The Foundation Helps The Library By
- Providing enhancements to the basic library services, buildings, special collections and activities that go beyond what is possible through public funding alone
- Filling empty bookshelves -- purchasing additional books for the collection
- Providing access to technology-- purchasing equipment to help library users access information about jobs and other needs
- Offering programs for the community -- supporting positive, high quality programs
- Enhancing library service to children, teens, and adults
- Building community and securing the promise of your public library for future generations
- Selectively supporting continuing education opportunities which contribute to staff development and strengthen job performance
- Planned Giving Statement (pdf)
- Donor Bill of Rights (pdf)
The goal of the Foundation is to enrich the Portage County Public Library's basic services, to promote the growth and creation of a first-rate library. The private dollars raised are used to improve and enhance the basic library services that are the responsibility of local government.
Public monies fund a fine public library for citizens of Portage County, but it is private gifts that make it flourish. The Portage County Public Library Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Your donation is tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
To Contribute Contact:
Larry Oathout, Secretary
Portage County Public Library Foundation, Inc.
1001 Main Street, Stevens Point, WI 54481
(715) 346-1239 (FAX)
The foundation brochure is available at this link. Online contributions can be made through the Portage County Public Library Foundation fund at the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin. Learn more at this link.
For Questions Contact: