Online Library Databases
Downloadable Books and Magazines
- OverDrive -Wisconsin's Digital Library – Over 50,000 digital ebooks and audiobooks that can be accessed on mobile devices, computers, MP3 players and ereaders.
- Flipster -Digital magazines that can be downloaded to your mobile device or computer. Titles include Good Housekeeping, People, Sports Illustrated, Time, Cosmopolitan and more!
- eBooks on EBSCOhost -Searchable full text downloadable ebooks for use with computers and ereaders (mostly non-fiction).
Books and Literature
- NoveList*, NoveList K-8*, NoveList Plus, NoveList Plus Mobile –Find books by genre, tone, subject, location and more. The database includes book reviews, read alikes and annotations.
- TeachingBooks.net* -Multimedia resources for exploring children's and young adult books and their authors.
- Literary Reference Center* -Information about authors and their works.
- LitFinder* -Full-text poems, short stories, essays, speeches and plays; plus biographies, summaries, etc.
- WorldCat -Find books and other library materials from around the world not available in LinkCat. Items can be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
Genealogy and History
- Ancestry Library Edition -Contains over 11 billion records for genealogy research including census, passenger lists, family trees, city directories and more. Only available for use within the library.
- HeritageQuest* -Genealogy records including census, cemeteries, city directories, family history books, military records and immigration records
- NewspaperARCHIVE* -Searchable newspapers from the 1700s to 2014 including a large, although incomplete, collection of Stevens Point newspapers from the 1850’s to 1977.
- Archive of Wisconsin Newspapers* -Daily and weekly Wisconsin newspapers from 2005 to 60 days ago, including the Portage County Gazette and the Central Wisconsin Sunday.
- Local Genealogy and History -Digitized material and indexes relating to Portage County history and genealogy.
Students and Teachers
- EBSCOhost* -A database on general, business, health, and other topics comprised of magazine, academic journals, trade publications and more.
- Encyclopedia Britannica* and Britannica Escolar (Espanol)* -Encyclopedias, dictionary, thesaurus, and related learning materials for students and teachers (K-12).
- LearningExpress Library* -Practice exams for standardized tests and career certifications, self-guided courses for computer skills, citizenship and more.
- Newspaper Source Plus* -Full-text newspapers and articles, plus television and radio news transcripts, videos & podcasts.
- Wisconsin Media Lab* -Video programs for Wisconsin's K-12 students and teachers, available via streaming or download.
- Soundzabound* -Music and sound effects that are copyright compliant, content safe and royalty free for K-12 school use.
- Transparent Languages Online -offers the most comprehensive language-learning solution for libraries. With this flexible program, you can quickly and easily learn new languages using our wide variety of courses and activities.
- AtoZdatabases -Search millions of business and resident listings in the United States for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and relatives, and more.
- Business Source Premier* -Business journals and reports on marketing, management, accounting, banking, finance and more.
- Auto Repair Reference Center* -Detailed vehicle maintenance and repair information.
Health and Wellness
Consumer Health Complete* -Information on diseases, treatments (including drugs and herbs), alternative medicine, fitness, nutrition and wellness.
- GreenFILE* -Scholarly, government and general-interest titles on the human impact on the environment.
- LISTA* -Index to librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, etc.
- Consumer Reports -Reviews and consumer information for a variety of products.
* Access to this resource is provided as part of the BadgerLink project.