Wisconsin Digital Library – More than 80,000 digital books, audiobooks, and movies that can be accessed on your phone, tablet, computer, ereader or MP3 player.
How do I start? Download the Libby app if you use an Android, Apple, or Windows 10 device. Kindle Fire users should download the OverDrive app. Kindle ereader users can visit the Wisconsin Digital Library website and complete the download through the Amazon website when prompted. Have a different device? Check the OverDrive Help website for more details on how to get ebooks and audiobooks on your device.
Hoopla – Access digital books, audiobooks, music, movies and TV shows with no waiting!
How do I start? Download the hoopla app on your device. Hoopla is supported on many devices including Android, Apple, Kindle, Alexa, Roku, Chromecast, Chromebooks and more!
BiblioBoard – Instant and unlimited access to community-created content, local, self-published books, and thousands of other always-available titles. BiblioBoard Library consists of a set of smaller collections:
- BiblioBoard Access contains international resources and rare materials from smaller organizations that openly share their digital artifacts around the world.
- BiblioBoard Core is a historical database covering a wide range of topics—including Literature, Philosophy, History, Geography and Science in subject anthologies and over 14,000 full-text eBooks and over 24,000 pieces of primary source content.
- Indie Wisconsin is a showcase of Wisconsin independent and small press fiction and non-fiction authors.
- The Library Journal Selects Collections aggregate top-notch selected submissions from SELF-e from around the country in five collections:
- Popup Picks is a collection of the best ebooks and other digital media from around the world including hand-curated, award-winning titles of all kinds from leading expert librarian curators. Every four months, there is a brand new collection of Popup Picks.
How do I start? Download the BiblioBoard Library app for your Apple, Android or Kindle device or visit library.biblioboard.com on any web browser.
EBSCOhost eBooks – Searchable full text downloadable ebooks that can be read on a computer or mobile device.
How do I start? Visit their website and read books through your browser or download to your device. Downloading books will require separate software or apps.
Need one-on-one tech help? Call us at 715-346-1548 to schedule an appointment at the Stevens Point Branch. Tech support can also be found at the Almond, Plover, and Rosholt branches. Call for more information.