The Portage County Public Library Teen Library Council (TLC) involves our teen patrons in furthering the mission of the library by seeking their ideas on programs, services, and materials, as well as facilitating opportunities for them to serve the community. By attending monthly meetings, the teens are involved in promoting reading, selecting new materials, and planning events while building a supportive teen environment. Teens act as ambassadors at library and community events to increase library awareness, build their service skills, and promote a safe and friendly environment for themselves and other teens in the community.
Teen Library Council Criteria:
- A desire to promote reading
- A desire to support the library
- The ability to work cooperatively with people of various ages and backgrounds
- Be a student in grades 6 - 12
- Have parental permission
- Have a PCPL library card
- Agree to attend monthly TLC meetings from August to April
- Help fulfill volunteer/community involvement requirements for schools, honor societies, etc.
- Excellent reference on college resumes
- Pride in supporting the library and community
The Teen Library Council meets one Thursday of every month, August through April at the Stevens Point branch.
To apply, choose one of the following options:
- Print the application, fill it out and return it to the Youth Services department at the Stevens Point branch.
- Apply using Google Forms.
Questions? Call us at 715-346-1549.