The Portage County Public Library Teen Library Council (TLC) involves our teen patrons in furthering the mission of the library by seeking their ideas on programs, services and materials. Teens act as ambassadors for the library by sharing information between the library and the community. By attending monthly meetings, the teens are involved in promoting reading, selecting new materials, and planning events while building a supportive teen environment. Teens participate in library and community events to increase library awareness and promote a safe and friendly environment for themselves and other teens in the community.
Teen Library Council Criteria:
- A desire to promote reading
- A desire to support the library
- The ability to work cooperatively with people of various ages and backgrounds
- An ability to commit to attending monthly meetings on a regular basis
- Be a student in grades 6 - 12
- Have parental permission
- Have a PCPL library card
- Agree to attend monthly TLC meetings from September to May
- Volunteer hours
- Excellent reference on college resumes
- Pride in supporting the library and community
The Teen Library Council meets on the second Thursday of every month, August through April, at 6:30 p.m. in the Pinery Room of the Main Library. Please stop in to the Youth Services Department to pick up an application or download it here (pdf).
Questions? Call us at 715-346-1549.