Signing up for a library card is easy! We just need a few things:
- Come in person to your local library branch in Stevens Point, Plover, Rosholt, or Almond
- Bring a photo identification (ID)
- If that ID doesn’t show your current address, bring something that does
- Children (ages 0-15) must be registered in-person by their parents or legal guardians
Apply for a library card online:
- Complete the online form.
- We will email you with your new library card number, which will provide you with access to the Wisconsin Digital Library and other online services. Non-Portage County residents may need to use their home library card to access online services.
- Bring in a photo ID and proof of address (if it is not listed on your photo ID) to pick up your new card.
Acceptable forms of ID:
- Current Driver’s License
- Current State ID
- Current Passport
- Current Military ID with photo
- Current Student ID with photo
- Current Permanent Resident card
- Current Employer ID with photo
- Current Credit Card with photo
Acceptable proof of address:
- Current lease or mortgage
- Mail at current address (not junk mail) postmarked within the last 30 days
- Current utility bill
- Current hunting or fishing license
- Electronic forms of these documents may be accepted at library staff members’ discretion
You may already have a library card you can use here! If you have a valid library card from one of these counties (Adams, Columbia, Dane, Green, Sauk, and Wood), there is a good chance you can use the Portage County Public Library (PCPL) with the same card. Village of Amherst residents will need to obtain a PCPL card, and all of the same requirements apply.