After closing on March 17, 2020 due to COVID-19, the Portage County Library developed a plan to reopen its buildings to the public on a limited basis with limited services on June 29, 2020. Our plan will continue to evolve as conditions arise or situations change. Our responses may range from providing curbside services only to providing full services and hours
We do have some expectations and changes:
• First of all, if you are ill, please visit us on another day.
• Be mindful of the distance between you and others and remember that not all people may have the same comfort level as you do.
• Because of Portage County executive orders, all library visitors are encouraged to wear a face covering. The Library does have a limited supply of masks for the public.
• Toys and some furniture may not be available at all locations.
• Some areas of the Libraries will be temporarily closed to the public. However, staff may be able to help retrieve items from those areas as time permits.
• Computer availability is restricted at all branches.
• If you feel more comfortable not entering the building, curbside service is available. Details at https://www.pocolibrary.org/curbside-pickup
Some of the services not available for a time include notarizing, meeting & study rooms, some gaming computers, and onsite programming.